ASD-W Process for Filling School Administration Positions
If you are interested in applying to become a Principal or Vice-Principal, for a 5-year term contract and/or short-term vacancy, please respond to this competition.
The result of this process will be a qualified, vetted pool of candidates. The competencies, skills, and abilities of prospective school leadership applicants will be considered against:
·ASD-W Core Values - Mission Vision Core Values
·ASD-W Job Design Competencies for School Administrators - Design Competencies for School Administrators
You will be required to clear each phase before advancing to the next.
1. References (names and contact information of three references – past or present principal or direct supervisor; current professional reference of choice; and current personal/community reference of choice) (Please complete the mandatory questions below).
2. Cover letter (must include a rationale of why you are interested in a leadership position, an overview of your leadership skillset and be reflective of the ASD-W Core Values)
3. Professional Goals (upload under “Additional Documents” on Apply to Education)
4. Principals’ Certificate
- valid New Brunswick Principal’s Certificate
- valid New Brunswick Teacher’s Certificate, preferably Certificate VI
- have or have had a continuing contact in a school district in the Province of New Brunswick.
- minimum of 5 years successful teaching experience in the public school system
- written and spoken competence in English
- familiarity and competency with curriculum and programs
- familiarity and competency in school facility management and communications